Sun Basket Review
Last Updated on February 2, 2020
In a world where various meal delivery services are striving to provide better services, there are unique companies that have achieved an incredible level of quality and customer satisfaction. Every aspect matters, starting with the quality of food ingredients and ending with the customer support service. With our Sun Basket delivery review, we will try to analyze what exactly has made this company so successful and what could be improved.
Short Overview/Delivery Area
- Number of meals per week: 18
- Special Diets: Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-free, Mediterranean, Low-Calorie, Vegetarian
- Shipping charges: $7.99 (the first week of delivery is free)
For a complete Sun Basket review, we need to take a look at the way this company operates. This meal-delivery service is located in California, and it was founded in 2014. The company has quickly expanded its services and now the delivery area has expanded to 48 states. They were shipping only to 8 states in 2016. Sun Basket has made it clear that they want to deliver quality food that’s certified by Health and Nutrition organizations.
Pricing of Sun Basket: how much does it cost
So, Sun Basket, is it worth it? The service doesn’t offer a complicated choice of menus. This allows customers to go quicker through the ordering process. The main options are:
1. Classic Menu
- 2 recipes per week – $12.99
- 3 recipes per week – $11.99
- 4 recipes per week – $10.99
2. Family Menu
- 2, 3, 4 recipes per week – $10.99
Similarly to services like Hello Fresh, the final price will depend on the number of people you’re ordering for.
Types of Menus
So, does Sun Basket have gluten-free meals? You will find out very soon. Within the main categories, which are Classic and Family menu, you can customize the following options:
- Carb-Conscious was crafted for those who are willing to lose or maintain their weight while consuming healthy and organic products.
- Paleo is a dietary plan that is based on meat, fish, and seeds. It excludes grains and dairy.
- Lean & Clean is an additional calorie-friendly plan that helps to get rid of extra weight.
- Gluten-free plan excludes products that contain gluten and incorporates more vegetables.
- Vegan –this one includes mainly fruit, vegetables, and plant-based protein. You won’t find here meat, fish, eggs or dairy.
- With the Mediterranean plan, you will benefit from a lot of sea fruit, fish and vegetables.
- The recipes included in the Quick & Easy require minimum time for cooking.
- The pescatarian plan is an amalgamation of vegetables, seafood, and sustainably sourced wild-caught fish.
- The vegetarian meal plan incorporates fresh organic vegetables, eggs, dairy, and fruit.
- The Diabetes-Friendly plan was crafted for those who want to keep their blood sugar levels in check.
- A lot of reviews of Sun Basket are related to the Chef’s Choice plan. This is a collection of the most delicious recipes crafted by professionals and made from high-quality organic ingredients with the addition of Sun Basket exclusive sauces.
While writing this article, I tried Sun Basket’s vegetarian menu to see what it had to offer in terms of diversity. Our team was surprised by all the options we could get.
Variety of Dishes
The principle used is called rotating recipes. This means that on the weekly menu periodically will appear the dishes from previous weeks. What’s good about this service is that there are many recipes to choose from and new ones are added as well. The majority of the Sun Basket meal reviews mention that the meals don’t require a lot of time for cooking. The cards with recipes help you a lot during this process.
Another important thing is that the company offers nutritional information in regard to every meal. You can actually see the approximate number of calories and the nutritional value
Some of the best Sun Basket recipes that we have personally tried are:
- Sicilian chicken breasts with salmoriglio sauce and broccoli rabe;
- Seared steaks with romesco and artichoke-olive salad;
- Frisée salad with pancetta, avocado, and soft-cooked eggs
- Vietnamese shaking beef with lime-pepper dipping sauce.
And of course, we’ve tried their chocolate cookies for an extra boost of energy. These were crispy and delicious.
Quality of products
No one review is complete without mentioning the quality of products used for the meal kits. This company invests a lot into the ingredients that are being shipped to their customers. Sun Basket offers detailed information about the sourcing of their products.
They are working with respected and well-known farmers, ranchers and fishermen to deliver the freshest ingredients. On their official website, you can find information about real partners and their own stories.
We have encountered a number of Sun Basket bad reviews centered on the unnecessary and excessive packaging used by the company. Our team has looked into this issue and the service states that they are working hard on reducing the environmental impact produced by excessive packaging. Their boxes are completely recyclable and what’s more important is that the boxes and insulation are already created from recycled paper.
Basically all the components of the boxes are recyclable, and you can get more info on that. The website provides a detailed description with images in regard to the recycling of each component.
The ordering process of Sun Basket Food Delivery
The ordering process is very simple. You have to begin with creating your own subscription and then creating the proper meal plan. We have already provided a Sun Basket family plan review so now you know what type of meals you can get with it.
After you’ve completed that step, the service will ask you about your delivery area and other specific preferences.
This service provides excellent customer support. You can reach the company by email or simply by calling their service directly. You can also complete a special form and address a specific issue.
Sun Basket additionally offers the possibility to chat with their team of experts working 24/7.
This company has already built a name for itself. If you’re willing to try one of these meal kit delivery services, then Sun Basket meal kit delivery service would be a great way to start this journey. This is perfect for those who don’t want to think every time what to get for dinner or for busy people who don’t have enough time for cooking. In this review of Sun Basket, we’ve also mentioned that the service is able to cater to almost any dietary preferences. This and the incredible quality of the ingredients make it one of our top picks.