How Do You Cook Flying Termites
Last Updated on October 20, 2022
How Do You Cook Flying Termites?
How do you cook winged termites?
Flying termites are traditionally caught by placing pots of water under lights, which attract them….It’s important to prepare the insects properly before eating:
- Wash the insects.
- Boil, steam or fry them for at least five minutes.
- Eat the prepared insects directly after cooking.
Feb 11, 2019
Can you eat flying termite?
The termites of the Macrotermes genus which are likely to have been consumed has significantly high amounts of nutrients. Winged termites are a very popular snack in Africa. These are the flying termites of the reproductive cast.
How do you fry flying termites?
- Wash the termite and remove any the wings.
- Pre heat the heat the pot with 3 tablespoons of groundnut oil.
- Add in the termite and fry.
- Keep stirring and in the slice onion. Spray a pinch of salt to taste and grounded pepper.
- Keep stirring for 5-7 minutes.
- Put in a plate. Serve and eat.
Is termite good for eating?
Termites are a good food source, being rich in proteins, fats, vitamins and many essential mineral nutrients, and thus provide food security for poor households.